Wondering what has happened with my project????
In this summer the Willys 8 project has been going in slow motion because of working in our house with repairing ,building and setting wallpaper in the kitchen followed up with rebuilding the bathroom and shower. That has taken the most of my time this last months.
But …..
There has been some progress in the Willys project :
I have made the installation of the roof top .Beginning with jute pad in the bottom which was nailed in place .Next step was to lay the synthetic padding and finish with top fabric . I have also fasted the aluminum rail to see how it all will fit it will be taken of before the painting.
The steering wheel was repaired and painted the job that remains is to make a button .I have also started making the chrome rings for the instrument panel
The radiator shell and some other things has been delivered to a shop that would help with chroming.
I have found a Carter BB 1D carburetor that need some work but I think it would fit.








The left rear fender

The left rear fender is more welding done and I hope also the last of welding on that fender. The bolts has been set in the correct place and the fitting is now correct to the body.
Mounted the brakes on the rear axel. There is only to fit the brake cables and calibrate the brakes.
Greg had sent me a mail and said that he has one radiator shell that needs some repair work. I told him that was ok for me and that I was interested of buying it.There is only to find a cheap way of sending it to me.
The radiator is ready and I have mounted it in place to see how it fits..
The rest of the time I have been adjusting the door and roof on the right side ,welding,sanding and plastic filling so it is nearly ready for painting!!
I am waiting for the engine.