Spring shackles

I have been made new spring shackles and switched the pin in the frame and the spring with bolts. The bolts has an hole in the center for the grease. The bolt in the front and rear has also been made new. The shackles links is also new. The nuts has also been made too fit the shackles and bolts. On the bolts has an grease nipple been mounted.
This is not perhaps the original style and all the threads has been made with UNF but it looks “old” or?
The door handles I just now thinking of to bought new ones that is similar and not make new ones.
The radiator shell is still missing but I am waiting for that one perhaps turns up.
Total amount of time 985 hours so far…..





The last month I have spent my time making the rest of the work on the springs. When the springs arrived the eyes have been made and the leafs has been curved. Then began the work .Then I cut the ends of each leaf. After that I made clamps totally 10. They have been riveted to the leafs according to the measure I have got from the WOKR. Then the clamps was drilled and an 5/16″ bolt has been mounted at each clamp. To each eye where bushings in steel and bronze made. After that the springs where painted black. The work to be done is to lay a very thin layer of grease between the leafs and then mount it all to the rear axel. For that purpose I was forced to make four new U-bolts. I made a tool to bend with after making threads. The front springs has also new bronze bushings and the springs have also been painted black.