Frame ready

The most of the frame is ready with mounting the fuel line from the gas tank which also is mounted. The body is ready from the paint shop. The mounting of the front window with the rubber around .The tube for the ignition cables was made and mounted. The many small items that has been to the chrome shop has arrived.
I have worked both day and evening trying to get ready to 8th August to register and get number plates for my older sons wedding the 27 August!!!!!
The last days I have mounted the most of the wiring and connected it all according to the electrical scheme. The radiator and the shell is also mounted in place
I have also got the inner roof done .Mounted the dashboard and some of the instruments. The engine has been running for total about 30 minutes and so it happens -the rear frost plug went out and all the water went out!!!! Much work!!!







Chrome and minor jobs

This month I have been working with many small things and delivered front bumper, radiator shell, head lamps and front seat irons to chroming. I tried to repair the shell but it seems to hard for me to do that. I needed help and it looks like an experience hand would help me.
Adjusted the right rear door so it would be smooth and nice to close and fit proper in the body line. When doing that I also tries to make a good finish at the door sides and all the surfaces that would be painted later. Even the left door was some job on like in the right side.
The front bar between the front fenders has been changed because so the radiator shell would fit better.
I visited the shop that helps me with the drilling and changing of one cylinder he would perhaps finish it under January some time????
I mounted the rain drain holder under the rear windows. Drilled holes for the footstep and threaded the bolts in the frame. Adjusted the left side fenders so the outside line is ok.



Already November

It is already November when I am writing this.
Under October I began within making new outside handles. I made a tool to press the handle skin, but after making some (many) testing I decided to take the old ones and make only one new. That was after many ,many hours of testing.
Made new glass settingchannels for all windows. Fitted the front window with all mechanisms. That one is ready for paint, rubber and glass.
Delivered the front axel to Sören so he could help with the the spindles, bolts and bushings. The bearings has arrived.
Mounted the front springs with there shackles in the frame.
Thefloor in the rear under the seat has been mounted and welded in place and finally got an layer of paint over it.
The wooden floor in the rear and thetoe boards is just what I being working with now.When getting it fit proper I also fitted the steering column and the flywheel house with pedals to see how it would work with the toe board.In the same time I also working with thefront seat and the mechanisms that moves the seat .Sandblasting, painting fitting and threading the holes.
I shall say -Thank You to Mike Barbour who is helping me with measures for the front seat and the rear bumper. The last one is handed over to on helping hand who would bend and curve the irons.
The radiator shell and the head lamps is shipped from US to Sweden and would perhaps arrive November or December.









Visitor and fitting the body

This months highlight was when Kjell Fagerland visited me. He had two hubcap to my car! Thank You Kjell.
The most of the time I has spent within making the body to fit proper to the fenders and the footstep. I am not ready with that yet. That means welding ,loosen bolts,drill new holes , fasten 1/4″ UNC bolt with washer and nut and outside finishing with plastic filler and at the last a layer of primer. It takes a lot of time. The work left is the rear fenders where it is welding to be done in the front lower end to the footstep in both sides.
The radiator shell is still laying waiting to be sent to me the only problem is to solve the transport to a reasonable price.
I am measuring to see which way I would fit the frontaxel.