The work since last has been concentrated to the radiator shell. New plate in the bottom has been made and fitted in place. After that welded and grinded and welded again some times just now it looks good. It is still some work to be done before I hand over to chroming.
I have also made new garnish moldings to the rear window. For the lower molding was a tool made to get the right look regarding to the other windows. There is some work left before it would be finished.
The front axel was mounted to the frame and the bearings ,drums with new paint and wheels was mounted. The brake shoes was cleaned and ready for new linings to be glued in place.
The work from February is proceeding with mounting the oil pan which had become a layer of black enamelbefore mounting with new made gaskets. The floating oil intake was mounted. When mounted all that I turned the engine and made a bed of wood so that would be easier to mount the rest in upright position. I has also adjusted the valves to 0.010 ” clearance. The new timing chain as mounted and a new ignition mark was stamped on the flywheel. I made new washers for the freeze holes.
I have mounted and fitted the clutch assembly was forced to change the bolts into new with insex heads because the where made in the highest quality. The clutch plate should I send to someone can make new discs.
The man that is helping me with painting the car has inspected the work that has been done by me. He took a careful examination. He said it would be nice to paint it. I could dismount the fenders and the other plates.
Now it is only for me to choice colour !!!!!
The radiator shell ,headlamps and the front bumper is proceeding some what .The shell is dichromate and ready for repairing Which I should do later. The head lamps was undertaken a cleaning with some light acid .The results was astonishing .OR! The bumper is going to be sanded by me later.
The front axel is ready to be painted and mount the bearings after new bushings and king pins.
There is not so long ago that I wrote in the dairy but there is some small goals that has been achieved.
The first “big” surprise the last month has been when the radiator shell and the headlamps came from Greg that had delivered the package to Hershey swap meet where my helping hand picked it up and sent it to Sweden. When I fetched the package I also find an universal joint for the rear axel connection that Kjell in Örebro had in his barn.
After much trying and lot of muscle , warming and a lot of thinking at last the steering wheel could be loosen from the steering column. The outer pipe was very damaged and rusty which I changed to a new one.. The contact in the bottom of the steering column where cleaned and the long rod where also new and with the ingenious connection to the contact which I found much information on the WOKR website. The hole steering mechanism where at last painted black. The steering wheel is now being restored. I should also make a new button at the top that fits to the steering wheel.
The front floor ,the toe board and the plate under the front seat has been mounted. The picture shows also the iron that holds the front seat mechanism.
It is already November when I am writing this.
Under October I began within making new outside handles. I made a tool to press the handle skin, but after making some (many) testing I decided to take the old ones and make only one new. That was after many ,many hours of testing.
Made new glass settingchannels for all windows. Fitted the front window with all mechanisms. That one is ready for paint, rubber and glass.
Delivered the front axel to Sören so he could help with the the spindles, bolts and bushings. The bearings has arrived.
Mounted the front springs with there shackles in the frame.
Thefloor in the rear under the seat has been mounted and welded in place and finally got an layer of paint over it.
The wooden floor in the rear and thetoe boards is just what I being working with now.When getting it fit proper I also fitted the steering column and the flywheel house with pedals to see how it would work with the toe board.In the same time I also working with thefront seat and the mechanisms that moves the seat .Sandblasting, painting fitting and threading the holes.
I shall say -Thank You to Mike Barbour who is helping me with measures for the front seat and the rear bumper. The last one is handed over to on helping hand who would bend and curve the irons.
The radiator shell and the head lamps is shipped from US to Sweden and would perhaps arrive November or December.