Instrument panel

Just now there is much of the work that has been done, started and finishing at the same time!!!
That is the hole instrument panel was delivered to me from WOKR member Sven Olof Johansson in Sweden .He called me on the phone and said that he had one panel with bezel and the temperature instrument with amp and oil with parts to the fuel. I had to make some parts to the fuel gauge and repair the copper line. The panel with the figures is a new scale being made. The gauges for speed and temperature are handed over to a shop that makes a new speed cable and sensor to the temp gauge ..
The panel and the inside window panels is delivered to the paint shop. The wood graining will start direct after that he had laid a layer of base paint. The pieces that going to be painted black is delivered to the paint shop.
The cylinder head was soldered with high temperature metal powder that melts in the crack. The head is then straightened and painted.
The brake cables is being done and new cables is made from an SAAB handbrake with little modifications. It means making rivets, cutting cable and making new ends.
When measuring the foot step rubber I got an idea of making a pattern from the wheel hub and make a bigger pattern in the rubber mat.



Went on making

Went on making the bezels for the instrument panel. I started with making many test bending in copper because of it is much easier to chromate them later. After thinking and making a toll to press the bezel in the middle I got an idea of making it all in iron and then polish and hand them over to a shop for chroming. I decided to do so because I should only make one of each bezel. First I cut a 6x6mm long bar then I bended it with hammer so it would have the right inside measure .Then I made one fourth end ,the short end and welded it place. I finished with filing and sanding so the would fit in the panel. This was the procedure for all three. It all ended up with polish it all to be chromed. It is nearly the same measure like the original.
I also made the button from the steering wheel I turned it from an bakelite round piece .I thanks John Stokes for his concern sending me a photo of the steering wheel from there I could make somewhat similar button.
To the water temperature instrument I made a new scale look better out when mounting in the instrument.
The thermostat issue I tried to solve in an various of ways. I was talking to my brother he said:-“Try a VW thermostat”. I did so and it is somewhat smaller but is works. It looks like it moves in the same way and in the same length. I have got many figures and ideas from Lloyd Gauerke so I could compare his information with what I tested .I have not tried it in the car yet.
The shock absorbers is just now undertaken a big dismantling one is only to fill with new oil the others need more job. The fourth is rusted and stuck I needed to crack one piston.
The hood had shown some mysterious spots. It was rust! I decided to sand it to bare metal and after that some acid that get down to the small spots and removed the oxide.