Radiator and steering

There is not so long ago that I wrote in the dairy but there is some small goals that has been achieved.
The first “big” surprise the last month has been when the radiator shell and the headlamps came from Greg that had delivered the package to Hershey swap meet where my helping hand picked it up and sent it to Sweden. When I fetched the package I also find an universal joint for the rear axel connection that Kjell in Örebro had in his barn.
After much trying and lot of muscle , warming and a lot of thinking at last the steering wheel could be loosen from the steering column. The outer pipe was very damaged and rusty which I changed to a new one.. The contact in the bottom of the steering column where cleaned and the long rod where also new and with the ingenious connection to the contact which I found much information on the WOKR website. The hole steering mechanism where at last painted black. The steering wheel is now being restored. I should also make a new button at the top that fits to the steering wheel.
The front floor ,the toe board and the plate under the front seat has been mounted. The picture shows also the iron that holds the front seat mechanism.





Steering and universal joint

This month I have been working with the front axel in terms of ordering bearings and trying to machine thespindle bolts to dimensions that fits the bearings. When working with that I contacted Sören and he advised me to get it all done at the same time in his workshop when the bearings arrive . Meaning new bushings, spindle bolts, and a bigger hole in the axel. The axel and some other parts has been sandblasted and got an layer of primer.
The gas tank was finished soldering and fitting the gas gauge and painting it all black.
The rear universal joint was cleaned and examined .With the result of new must be mounted. Find one is not easy but I have contacted one that had the Mechanics data sheet for my universal joint.
Thegear box has been mounted in all parts and after I got some small parts from Kjell in Norway I succeed to get all work proper.
The shock absorbers has been examined an one was ok ,two is needed be serviced and one must completely restored. I have been making pin bolts and nuts to two of them.
The last thing I have done this month is making adjustments to the right rear door.
I have also been in contact with Greg Gumtow and he would help to get the radiator shell and headlights from US to Sweden.